Brit Pop is one of those musics where I missed a lot of it; my kids were born in '91 and '93 and I didn't get back into music until about '98, I know them from a couple of singles that turned up on some of those "Best Anthems...Ever" compilations..."Staying Out For The Summer" and "In A Room." I'll give this one a shot, Jobe!
Stone me, Jobe! You've gone into overdrive here! Chumbawamba? WYSIWYG? Blimey dude!? Any chance of any more? Especially' Anarchy? Any would be of interest . . . meanwhile in between Britpop the complete works of BB King etc etc How big is your music library? Thanks anyway once more for all you offer us!
Thank Brother Jobe! Appreciated. I bought 'Anarchy' when it came out and it astonished me. One of those groundbreaking moments and I had heard nothing like it. Still love it but lost my copy amongst the dreck! 'Give The Anarchist a cigarette!' Fanxt bro
What Jack's Cat and Enoch said . . . .the indispensable Louis Jordan and without whom etc etc . . . I maintain we wouldn't have rock n roll without one of the stalwart fathers of Boogie Woogie and the Blues be-Boppified (it's a word!) Thanks so much for this draftervoi I don't normally go on about official releases but make an exception here. Comprehensive doesn't quite do it justice. 9 albums!?? Thanks so much
Yeah...Jordan was mainly ignored by my generation; it was like there was a giant wall in 1955 and anything before that wasn't cool. I discovered him through Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive LP. I don't recall the song but one of his late 40's tracks leads off with a descending double-stop guitar riff that is clearly the precursor to half-a-dozen or more Chuck Berry songs.
By the way...does anyone have Lyle Lovett's "The Road To Ensenada? I've got it in storage in the basement of my old building, and my rip of it is missing the first two songs....
Steve Forbert-Live On King Biscuit
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Steve-Forbert-King-Biscuit-Flower-Hour-Presents-Steve-Forbert-In-Concert/release/3316115
Link-https://workupload.com/file/nzVM356BzSD
Emerson Lake and Palmer-Works Volume 1
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Emerson-Lake-Palmer-Works-Volume-1/release/1198863
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/U3WbTMVK4bn
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/ez78mSqAYWX
Amy Winehouse-The Album Collection
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Amy-Winehouse-The-Album-Collection/release/7946314
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/xPcb8jdwxxQ
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/NgfRmuduy63
Link 3-https://workupload.com/file/EwC2NdSErUD
Oh...hell yeah....I'm in...
DeleteGeorge Clinton-The Cinderella Theory
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/George-Clinton-The-Cinderella-Theory/release/170148
Link-https://workupload.com/file/n9y3RJTzWnV
The Monkees-The Birds The Bees and The Monkees
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Monkees-The-BirdsBees-The-Monkees/release/2588386
Link-https://workupload.com/file/Hu4nWerHKpP
Flamin' Groovies-Teenage Head
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Flamin-Groovies-Teenage-Head/release/3963847
Link-https://workupload.com/file/54kYFDdLdNQ
The Replacements-Stink
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Replacements-Stink-Kids-Dont-Follow-Plus-Eleven/release/2513819
Link-https://workupload.com/file/Nc73cjh6rfW
Chumbawamba-WYSIWYG
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Chumbawamba-WYSIWYG/release/1521292
Link-https://workupload.com/file/UXtb8ZZRmdu
Dodgy-The Dodgy Album (One of my favorite CD's)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Dodgy-The-Dodgy-Album/release/1259044
Link-https://workupload.com/file/vqDGnK22KeB
Brit Pop is one of those musics where I missed a lot of it; my kids were born in '91 and '93 and I didn't get back into music until about '98, I know them from a couple of singles that turned up on some of those "Best Anthems...Ever" compilations..."Staying Out For The Summer" and "In A Room." I'll give this one a shot, Jobe!
DeleteUriah Heep-The Lansdowne Tapes
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Uriah-Heep-The-Lansdowne-Tapes/release/4254694
Link-https://workupload.com/file/cPwftwXrxMq
Robert Klein-Let's Not Make Love
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Klein-Lets-Not-Make-Love/release/8721442
Link-https://workupload.com/file/XkXmUzWWT5C
The Men-The Men
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Men-The-Men/release/3663702
Link-https://workupload.com/file/e387USNdtKk
I had this one years ago. I Love "Church Of Logic, Sin & Love". Haven't heard that tune in a long time. Many Thanks, Brother.
DeleteStan Ridgway-Mr. Trouble
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Stan-Ridgway-Mr-Trouble/release/4197403
Link-https://workupload.com/file/4BcZEzVAEaM
Stan made Wall of Voodoo. Great story teller.
DeleteB.B. King
ReplyDeleteKing of the Blues (Ace Records, 2003)
https://mega.nz/file/2dZzGI6B#JwYcERiCDjdyfkLY837ypuRRx2VZsw7Arr5olhFE4So
B.B. King - The Blues (Ace Records 2005)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/LVhSjapb#19jwO9zq1LbljZ9KC__rozjlY1vChax1HpAqsO3Vtqs
B.B. King - Blues In My Heart (Ace Records, 2004)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/WE5zGYQb#itcUPrPyf8F88Xx_Z3SXdsT_WKosgBGdIFHASr6s2mo
B.B. King - Blues On Top Of Blues (1989)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/jJA0xAzI#MZNh4gUD-b4wQ6MLB7rmbRgLXg8vfXc7X8Z0FPq40ic
B.B. King - Easy Listening Blues
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/OJ4ECKRS#oXjtFfTwEPTxDU3d0Ias4_umb6II7dUME49UvjckUBo
B.B. King - Live at San Quentin (1990)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/GF4CRQwI#0TsKcAxgAWl6lFbWrQLFFTmzMKuKV0A33OFY22v6oqw
Always loved Live In Cook County and have never heard this one. Checking it out now. Thanks Brother
DeleteB.B. King - Live At The Regal (1997)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/aZYm0CKB#bbA8GuYyH8XQtRMkliNaC9LxBDBRoDRTpgzmC41ag9A
First BB King I ever bought, still a killer record to this day.
DeleteB.B. King - Lucille (1997)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/SFRAHaaL#sxO9X9ZuoR1Ld5XFKXwkj6OTHW0IcD5JbXTsY539PpM
B.B. King - More B.B.King (Ace Records, 2004...)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/nVBnlKjR#qI_ocV_tKC7AqAcppPv0OdELC4DzEgYlyTEorsbXRUA
B.B. King - Mr. Blues / Confessin' The Blues
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/yMg1iKLY#IoXxtyTRh2kCryftGteJAH8UXQASZHvxMXvo2Jgbmis
B.B. King - My Kind Of Blues (Ace Records, 2003...)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/7ZBTGAIR#hF9zBEJ-Hl8o0GzmGR8WKH60tadabEvDq4CqoxfR4Yo
B.B. King - Singin' The Blues (2005 Ace Records)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/GJ5lFSBZ#VhivcYyAl1o1xwzzfYQikLb_YWAPEDvWz-qyxKlk00s
B.B. King - Sings Spirituals (2006 Ace Records)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/DBBESCpQ#EswSMpgtgHwaS3JPdal6YnxizqnUMyx0RdhtPzEhsC0
B.B. King - The Great B.B. King (2003 Ace Records)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/WA513CzK#m_l1iH88MkQyN1t11LFgnzSSvJB_L54ZLUUKoMoAVmI
B.B. King - The Soul Of...(Ace Records 2003...)
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/jQoGSICR#-LLeDXFRdKn6sA7wMDXSv_11BEjNg3y_M7GthTkHdkc
Jazz...
ReplyDeleteBarney Kessel, Shelly Manne & Ray Brown - 1957 - The Poll Winners
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/0b1c3ef174571206b68d6acdd3fa6f6f.zip
Country...
ReplyDeleteC.W. McCall - 1997 - The Best Of C.W. McCall
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/ea1b77954a79e810fac65f96d0f2ee2e.zip
For all of my son's life I have been trying to remember the words to Black Bear Road - thank you!
DeleteBlues...
ReplyDeleteCarey Bell - 1988 - Harpslinger
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/3d0000f854f98be6278ed0ec74909dcc.zip
Adult Bookstore...
ReplyDeleteWhen That Rough God Goes Riding - Listening To Van Morrison - Greil Marcus
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/00758bb62068f2ef02426d2daeafd7b6.zip
Soul...
ReplyDeleteSolomon Burke - 2013 - Live At Montreux 2006
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/0cc0be9cfb0eb6324fe2cea4803ef377.zip
Adult Bookstore...
ReplyDeleteWhat Would Keith Richards Do - Keith Richards & Jessica Pallington West
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/c14a9bb92ddc80bd63002faa8d1f1ff4.zip
Country...
ReplyDeleteGeorge Jones - 1979 - My Very Special Guests (Legacy Edition)
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/adf5f7b89a69f04e5f0017fe82ac8e8c.zip
Blues...
ReplyDeleteArthur 'Big Boy' Crudup - 1962 - Mean Ol' Frisco
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/ef08bf0b97346e7f339a50704445f1c7.zip
Jazz...
ReplyDeleteCrimson Jazz Trio - King Crimson Songbook Volume 1 & 2
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/2831ccaa4c62183f7fb3286d73ae942e.zip
Crimson Jazz Trio? and King Crimson is more jazz than rock anyway, I gotta hear this one. Thank You Brother
DeleteVery Cool!
DeleteAdult Bookstore...
ReplyDeleteIcons of R&B and Soul-An Encyclopedia vol 1&2 - Bob Gulla
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/5683691b8b7d3ced05f96a850aef5715.zip
Adult Bookstore...
ReplyDeleteRhythm And The Blues - A Life In American Music - Jerry Wexler & David Ritz
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/e71a96fd6555e18d26f4d3853e42aad9.zip
Folk/Jug Band - Maria Muldaur/John Sebastian/Steve Katz/Stefan Grossman/David Grisman/& a host of others...
ReplyDeleteThe Even Dozen Jug Band - 1964 - The Even Dozen Jug Band
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/c8d2421b3fe04bc942f351b6fbc1b350.zip
Adult Bookstore...
ReplyDeleteI'd Rather Be The Devil - Skip James And The Blues - Stephen Calt
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/d4a2dc577ed42d2af381a447bdcfa06c.zip
Interesting read.
DeleteThank You!
Rock...
ReplyDeleteGinger Baker - 1998 - Do What You Like
http://www.imagenetz.de/files/074ba96bcc64338a7f8ff1f7cebc8e39.zip
The Darkness-The Platinum Collection
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Darkness-The-Platinum-Collection/release/3041075
Link-https://workupload.com/file/pQD9BqYCJEF
Webb Pierce-Groovie Boogie Woogie Boy
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Webb-Pierce-Groovie-Boogie-Woogie-Boy/release/11505044
Link-https://workupload.com/file/UZT2Ftq6DB9
The Faces-Good Boys When They're Asleep
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Faces-The-Best-Of-Faces-Good-Boys-When-Theyre-Asleep/master/292200
Link-https://workupload.com/file/ZLrTvF34nsz
Curtis Mayfield-Superfly Deluxe Edition
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Curtis-Mayfield-Superfly-The-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/3824237
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/WWERBubrKWF
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/BBwbAEtWTMu
Sister Rosetta Tharpe-The One And Only Precious Memories
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Sister-Rosetta-Tharpe-Precious-Memories/release/5658488
Link-https://workupload.com/file/8y6khpp3bZc
I'm digging Doc Bagby's tasteful organ playing behind Rosetta
DeleteLet's Active-Cypress/Afoot
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Lets-Active-CypressAfoot/master/365497
Link-https://workupload.com/file/eBY4UMLtQkW
Julie London-The Very Best Of
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Julie-London-The-Very-Best-Of-Julie-London/release/11034776
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/b6GqVUgCbZv
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/PmtDFpTRKc8
Jobe,
ReplyDeleteYou have outdone yourself this month!
Thanks!
You certainly have - Bravo!
DeleteRegards, Dave.
Thanks enoch and jobe!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlmost forgot to thank draftervoi, too!
DeleteStone me, Jobe! You've gone into overdrive here! Chumbawamba? WYSIWYG? Blimey dude!? Any chance of any more? Especially' Anarchy? Any would be of interest . . . meanwhile in between Britpop the complete works of BB King etc etc How big is your music library? Thanks anyway once more for all you offer us!
ReplyDeleteChumbawamba-Anarchy (For Andy)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Chumbawamba-Anarchy/master/7011
Link-https://workupload.com/file/pFaP5qjEwY9
Thank Brother Jobe! Appreciated. I bought 'Anarchy' when it came out and it astonished me. One of those groundbreaking moments and I had heard nothing like it. Still love it but lost my copy amongst the dreck! 'Give The Anarchist a cigarette!' Fanxt bro
DeletePeter Green-The End Of The Game (German Import)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Green-The-End-Of-The-Game/release/13150375
Link-https://workupload.com/file/nwF57P4XyDw
John Lennon-Plastic Ono Band/Mind Games (Russian Import)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/John-Lennon-John-Lennon-Plastic-Ono-Band-Mind-Games/release/5313431
Link-https://workupload.com/file/YmMFHWhGDWW
Jackson Browne And David Lindley-Love Is Strange (Repost for David)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Jackson-Browne-David-Lindley-Love-Is-Strange/master/1074774
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/fUDG5ehtKds
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/Rjy4ucU5v34
Thank you, good sir! We'll try it again. Really appreciate the effort here.
DeleteCream-Wheels Of Fire
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Cream-Wheels-Of-Fire/release/5853653
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/msateDxqMaT
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/shVLL4BJaBj
Thanks Brother Jobe! I needed something for my coffee!!Great to hear it remastered
DeleteThe Rolling Stones-40 Licks
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Rolling-Stones-Forty-Licks/release/4696645
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/5uKN4Uc48hk
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/tUSwwnmv9ta
The Creation-Painter Man
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Creation-Painter-Man/release/2484939
Link-https://workupload.com/file/dLADYK53PRU
The New Colony 6-Colonized (The Best of)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-New-Colony-Six-Colonized-Best-Of-The-New-Colony-Six/master/749458
Link-https://workupload.com/file/CcRmVyeLLBg
James Brown-Live At The Apollo 1962
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/James-Brown-Live-At-The-Apollo-1962/release/4143334
Link-https://workupload.com/file/NvJTQwBD4nu
The Cramps-Stay Sick
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Cramps-Stay-Sick/release/602962
Link-https://workupload.com/file/EXtxba4pUFD
The Steve Miller Band-Number Five
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Steve-Miller-Band-Number-5/release/1190303
Link-https://workupload.com/file/A2YMusgGTPG
The Dictators-Viva Dictators
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Dictators-Viva-Dictators/release/2420127
Link-https://workupload.com/file/XnuSEjM5U6m
Elvis Presley-Elvis R&B
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-Elvis-RB/release/12609533
Link-https://workupload.com/file/BgXYyw3SABh
The Move-The Early Years
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Move-The-Early-Years/release/5867963
Link-https://workupload.com/file/YSwJTqcyHcK
Motorhead-No Remorse
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Mot%C3%B6rhead-No-Remorse/release/1607481
Link-https://workupload.com/file/H5zbX4TL88L
Various Artists-Funk Classics Of The 80's
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Various-Funk-Classics-The-80s/master/561087
Link-https://workupload.com/file/rw76tETdbjr
The Neville Brothers-Live On Planet Earth
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/The-Neville-Brothers-Live-On-Planet-Earth/release/13543425
Link-https://workupload.com/file/XMDPED7BGU5
Carla Olson-The Ring Of Truth
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Carla-Olson-The-Ring-Of-Truth/release/9821693
Link-https://workupload.com/file/jHtPXgqqZ8a
Elvis Presley-Suspicious Minds
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-Suspicious-Minds-The-Memphis-1969-Anthology/release/4711517
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/28kMjLdTChM
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/RQWdMhz27xX
I love the way he mangles the words in Hey Jude
Prince-Sign O' The Times
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Sign-O-The-Times/release/5042947
Link 1-https://workupload.com/file/dREEp86s6zB
Link 2-https://workupload.com/file/4uKHSbvwNvq
Instant Cab Calloway Collection:
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/DBxkWLaR#OppklaGs6h2hwedt9Lr7GS355mLf_DVwn1WXaDIg99Q
https://mega.nz/file/HY5EmLjT#ayNp90vFAnVcMNksrEbE70IU0hocA3E2A_tYd_4ofrs
https://mega.nz/file/zY5GjTTb#GOMAFu01qZstU_11w6LnkRhEzdtt8GdV9vO8SXtBsog
The 1974 "fake stereo" LP is provided for comparison....all the songs are in mono on the CD rips. These are MP3 @320
Cab was something else.
DeleteThanks draftervoi, very much!
Louis Jordan - Let the Good Times Roll The Complete Decca Recordings 1938-1954 @320
ReplyDeletehttps://mega.nz/file/KYIVVCoT#nJNI3JXzlmA_vmKFbfGHqeh01i2NOgiTYEaIl8uGOuI
https://mega.nz/file/ecQTHCJI#4Ym4fFuIzb9hVG8aUJ5l7XwcXlS-cvzm9M_eBSzGmQc
https://mega.nz/file/qFZxjS7Q#2JY6QgR0zNy3oucL0LaQ5hk89CKFrjmyvYE5HkCOP9I
These recordings belong in every music collection.
DeleteCab Calloway & Louis Jordan. Nice Drafter. Thanks.
DeleteWhat Jack's Cat and Enoch said . . . .the indispensable Louis Jordan and without whom etc etc . . . I maintain we wouldn't have rock n roll without one of the stalwart fathers of Boogie Woogie and the Blues be-Boppified (it's a word!) Thanks so much for this draftervoi I don't normally go on about official releases but make an exception here. Comprehensive doesn't quite do it justice. 9 albums!?? Thanks so much
DeleteYeah...Jordan was mainly ignored by my generation; it was like there was a giant wall in 1955 and anything before that wasn't cool. I discovered him through Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive LP. I don't recall the song but one of his late 40's tracks leads off with a descending double-stop guitar riff that is clearly the precursor to half-a-dozen or more Chuck Berry songs.
DeleteJobe, thanks for the early Move!
ReplyDeleteA visit to The New Adult Bookstore Motel is always worthwhile. This month has been no exception. Thanks to Enoch, Jobe, and Drafervol.
ReplyDeleteThank you Gentleman.
Let's Go - Benjamin Orr and The Cars - Joe Milliken (epub & mobi)
ReplyDeletehttps://workupload.com/file/DC2YsANsthm
Magical Mystery Tours - My Life With The Beatles - Tony Bramwell (epub & mobi)
ReplyDeletehttps://workupload.com/file/xVxwydrtrbB
Paul Weller - My Ever Changing Moods - John Reed (epub & mobi)
ReplyDeletehttps://workupload.com/file/Vzac76dzHPy
Thanks Rocket! Huge Weller fan, so thanks for this. Appreciate all the books you've been sharing! Cheers!
DeleteU2 - The Definitive Biography - John Jobling (epub & mobi)
ReplyDeletehttps://workupload.com/file/HbaK7JgMNJG
By the way...does anyone have Lyle Lovett's "The Road To Ensenada? I've got it in storage in the basement of my old building, and my rip of it is missing the first two songs....
ReplyDeleteI do..how would I get it to you?
DeleteYou could post a link here.....or you could just email the first two tracks to DRaftervoi@gmail.com
Deletehttps://mega.nz/folder/u4wEUR4a#r49ch7gxOyJKKV6tFahRjA
DeleteThank you, Paul H!
ReplyDelete