Happy "Rocktober," everybody! This is not my rip, I found it on the Internet. If you like instrumental surf rock (Ventures, Dick Dales), I think you're going to like this. Do NOT let Marty Stuart's extensive country and blue-grass credentials put you off if you're not a country fan; the only "twang" in this comes from Dick Dale. A Record Store Day release, pressed on two discs played at 45 RPM, limited to 1,700 copies.
Warren Zevon (self-titled) (Not the "collector's version). [I can up those materials also, if anyone is interested.] This is ripped at a stupidly high rate of 384.24 (One of the albums I remember hearing the first time--sitting slack-jawed). Hasten down the wind, and GIT!: https://tinyurl.com/yeyudn9y
Thanks. A vastly underated artist IMO. Thought he would have made a great Wilbury. I've got a pretty solid collection of Zevon live shows (~75 of them), most of them via archive.org. You wouldn't happen to have the Stand in the Fire live album, would ya?
All Robin Trower, all the time: 1988 Take What You Need 1990 In the Line of Fire 1997 Someday Blues 2003 Living Out of Time 2005 Another Days Blues Git! https://tinyurl.com/5ek2fvk3
A LARGE, LARGE mas thanks to vikingkraut for filling this void in my collection. For those who were early Trower fans, but faded away in the 1980's (like me), you really should listen to what the man has been doing. All are worthy of revisiting this guy. Your mileage may vary!
Aztec Camera--Backwards and Forwards Once lost [to me], but now found ep that was released overseas. Contains some live material. Also the original [if you will] cover of "Jump." Now the bugle sounds to GIT: https://tinyurl.com/3eze95sk
Thanks wacocrimatty! Massive Roddy Frame fan here and will sneakily post directions to get this as it is really FAB! Rare as Hen’s teeth surely this deserves to be on the main page? Just a small point but heck I will post folks across to the store anyhoo! THANKS SO MUCH truly lovely find
Bonnie Hayes - Good Clean Fun INFO: https://www.discogs.com/release/16459206-Bonnie-Hayes-Good-Clean-Fun-Expanded-Remastered LINK: https://mega.nz/file/LFgmzYKS#1gPzhubrRimfcr_p2x39PFBvzmtcG_IjG1JnOqCXPDc
International Pop Overthrow Vol. 26 The plastic still hasn't cooled on the CD's yet, this is so new. What can I say--I'm a giver. Did a once through, and sounds good overall. GIT down with your badself!: https://tinyurl.com/2v839xed
To begin with, I haven't been around in a while...Sorry 'bout that...been a bit ill. beyond all that, I've Been Off The Internet so long that my email shut down on me and I can't access FBS/VW Main Pages in order to post. Just In case The Boss and/or Brother Jobe is around and listening, I could use an invite to both FBS/VW (yet again). You can send the invites to enoch241@gmail.com if you would be so kind and inclined. I hope some of you remember me kindly (at least). So,without further ado. Away We Go...
Looking for Television Marquee Moon expanded edition. Any help greatly appreciated! https://www.discogs.com/release/14087070-Television-Marquee-Moon-Expanded
Yes indeedy, I have the 2003 Elektra-Rhino R2 73920 expanded edition of Marquee Moon. I have to scan the covers and booklet tomorrow. Do you need the expanded Adventure, too?
Great! I've got 300 dpi scans with mine, if you need 'em let me know. Do you need Adventure? Also... I have both versions of his 1st album in flac...the original mix and the accidentally released Tom Verlaine mix...both from 2003 CD sources.
Great! I'll put 'em up tonight...for now, here's the Verlaine mix. The story on this is at https://www.discogs.com/release/11248539-Tom-Verlaine-Tom-Verlaine Collector's Choice reissued the album on CD, and for the mail order version used the wrong mix. https://mega.nz/file/qMBDEZrS#i8QubfWmzFn6kg9a5FVxcRa1xuAaU6uNsv6E_PhTbok
More from WIKI: "The album was originally mixed by Verlaine, but this mix was rejected by Elektra Records. Bob Clearmountain subsequently remixed the album, and it was this version that was released by Elektra in 1979. In 2002, a CD reissue by Collectors' Choice Music inadvertently used the earlier, rejected mix for initial pressings fulfilled by mail order;[1] this was subsequently replaced with the approved Clearmountain mix by the time the CD was made available through traditional retail channels."
Happy "Rocktober," everybody! This is not my rip, I found it on the Internet. If you like instrumental surf rock (Ventures, Dick Dales), I think you're going to like this. Do NOT let Marty Stuart's extensive country and blue-grass credentials put you off if you're not a country fan; the only "twang" in this comes from Dick Dale. A Record Store Day release, pressed on two discs played at 45 RPM, limited to 1,700 copies.
ReplyDeleteINFO: https://www.discogs.com/release/33679689-Marty-Stuart-And-His-Fabulous-Superlatives-Space-Junk
LINK: https://mega.nz/file/bdoAib5I#7vmWlq6c1-KRfqybHVK9U6EfrcsNXdfHQcII9faYaCM
Warren Zevon (self-titled) (Not the "collector's version).
ReplyDelete[I can up those materials also, if anyone is interested.] This is ripped at a stupidly high rate of 384.24 (One of the albums I remember hearing the first time--sitting slack-jawed).
Hasten down the wind, and GIT!: https://tinyurl.com/yeyudn9y
Hello - thanks much for the Zevon & I for one would be interested in the "collector's version" materials. Happy Friday!
DeleteThe rest of the "Collector's Ed" materials
DeleteGit!: https://tinyurl.com/379pa82u
Thank you my friend. Rock on and long live Warren Zevon!
DeleteOf course. You may know this already, but archive.org has trove of Zevon boots. He was a complex man. But funny, and quite insightful.
DeleteThanks. A vastly underated artist IMO. Thought he would have made a great Wilbury. I've got a pretty solid collection of Zevon live shows (~75 of them), most of them via archive.org. You wouldn't happen to have the Stand in the Fire live album, would ya?
DeleteWarren Zevon---Stand in the Fire
DeleteGit!: https://tinyurl.com/46r52arb
Ask and ye shall receive! Incredible. Thanks so much. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
DeleteBob Dylan-New Morning
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/15727301-Bob-Dylan-New-Morning
Link- https://workupload.com/file/VH97srTUBcs
The Pretty Reckless-EP
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/26261441-The-Pretty-Reckless-The-Pretty-Reckless-EP
Link- https://workupload.com/file/rcDwDtZemD2
Ricky Nelson-Six Classic Albums Plus Bonus Singles
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/8143371-Ricky-Nelson-Six-Classic-Albums-Plus-Bonus-Singles
Link 1- https://workupload.com/file/meQtwW2gfAy
Link 2- https://workupload.com/file/CmkcCSrtUMN
Link 3- https://workupload.com/file/Fd3BLCYEvzT
Link 4- https://workupload.com/file/Cg3LyZVzKHu
Frank Zappa-Hot Rats
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/3835929-Frank-Zappa-Hot-Rats
Link- https://workupload.com/file/5kbp83fkgqR
Led Zeppelin-Four (Japanese Version)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/2797586-Led-Zeppelin-Led-Zeppelin
Link- https://workupload.com/file/wLyEsp3PEsq
Frank Zappa And The Mothers-We're Only In It For The Money (RYKO Version)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/6070158-Frank-Zappa-The-Mothers-Of-Invention-Were-Only-In-It-For-The-Money
Info- https://workupload.com/file/VabKmGW2bBY
Wire-IBBTABA
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/master/50662-Wire-Its-Beginning-To-And-Back-Again
Link- https://workupload.com/file/7dYfNdwCqdQ
The Beatles-Rubber Soul (Stereo And Mono Version)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/25996273-The-Beatles-Rubber-Soul
Link- https://workupload.com/file/PU2PvkRCgnv
The Beatles-Revolver (Stereo And Mono Version)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/15483153-The-Beatles-Revolver
Link- https://workupload.com/file/Vf2G4K4AQep
The Move-Movements
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/4551022-The-Move-Movements-30th-Anniversary-Anthology
Link 1- https://workupload.com/file/msUHcuT9tCG
Link 2- https://workupload.com/file/NMjkBAvBSjA
Link 3- https://workupload.com/file/VmXGZfVLEXy
Trapeze-High Flyers
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/2848598-Trapeze-High-Flyers-The-Best-Of-Trapeze
Link- https://workupload.com/file/SLqB6J5eBt6
Steve Miller Band-Sailor
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/8818283-The-Steve-Miller-Band-Sailor
Link- https://workupload.com/file/LJabK5TPEPP
Various-Guitar Rock 68-69
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/985278-Various-Guitar-Rock-1968-1969
Link- https://workupload.com/file/g9dxwf7pL9m
Various-Woodstock (First Version)
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/1663234-Various-Woodstock-Music-From-The-Original-Soundtrack-And-More
Link 1- https://workupload.com/file/zZC4YEV3VcB
Link 2- https://workupload.com/file/4WsB7qnkekr
All Robin Trower, all the time:
ReplyDelete1988 Take What You Need
1990 In the Line of Fire
1997 Someday Blues
2003 Living Out of Time
2005 Another Days Blues
Git! https://tinyurl.com/5ek2fvk3
A LARGE, LARGE mas thanks to vikingkraut for filling this void in my collection. For those who were early Trower fans, but faded away in the 1980's (like me), you really should listen to what the man has been doing. All are worthy of revisiting this guy. Your mileage may vary!
DeleteAztec Camera--Backwards and Forwards
ReplyDeleteOnce lost [to me], but now found ep that was released overseas. Contains some live material. Also the original [if you will] cover of "Jump."
Now the bugle sounds to GIT: https://tinyurl.com/3eze95sk
Thanks wacocrimatty! Massive Roddy Frame fan here and will sneakily post directions to get this as it is really FAB! Rare as Hen’s teeth surely this deserves to be on the main page? Just a small point but heck I will post folks across to the store anyhoo! THANKS SO MUCH truly lovely find
DeleteI was looking into the origins of the cover of Jump, when pointed to this ep by AI. Couple of keystrokes. And there you go.
DeleteElvis Presley-Original Album Classics
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/1584004-Elvis-Presley-Original-Album-Classics
Elvis Presley Link- https://workupload.com/file/JrUdjcCCwgg
Elvis Link- https://workupload.com/file/zkkmv6xdYHE
Loving You Link- https://workupload.com/file/76ZDD3NnjFW
G.I. Blues Link- https://workupload.com/file/zXGHv8Mgpxu
Elvis Is Back Link- https://workupload.com/file/pExyNGfnntF
John Lennon-Shaved Fish
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/12531922-Lennon-Plastic-Ono-Band-Shaved-Fish
Link- https://workupload.com/file/MsMKvqSPNfq
Darden Smith -- Debut
ReplyDeleteTrying to post up my albums that have gone criminally unnoticed. This is one.
Git! https://tinyurl.com/4f24bydm
Thanks for this. I had it once upon a time and now it's nowhere to be found.
DeleteOnce lost, now it is found! Wonderful.
DeleteDave Alvin And The Guilty Men-Interstate City
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/master/2605538-Dave-Alvin-And-The-Guilty-Men-Interstate-City
Link- https://workupload.com/file/L7SMh2Zsxh7
John Entwistle-Greatest Hits Live
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/master/424433-John-Entwistle-King-Biscuit-Flower-Hour-Presents
Link- https://workupload.com/file/nKP6MtGPU3J
Entwistle had a hit? Or hits (plural?) This is not meant to demean the man--one of the great rock bass players ever. But hits?
DeleteActually it's a King Biscuit show but what I've got here is the re-issue, and that's the name the money grupping record company gave it
DeleteIn the words of Carl Spackler, "I have to laugh."
DeleteBilly Preston-The Ultimate Collection
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/master/592921-Billy-Preston-Ultimate-Collection
Link- https://workupload.com/file/PJXqHHLzkZC
Thank ye kindly for this one. I have pondered purchase, but never pulled the trigger, so to speak.
DeleteTim Buckley-Blue Afternoon
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/2590939-Tim-Buckley-Blue-Afternoon
Link- https://workupload.com/file/XJQXxkt95BP
Tom Waits-Nighthawks At The Diner
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/9976270-Tom-Waits-Nighthawks-At-The-Diner
Link- https://workupload.com/file/nzthnu6eSAD
Eric Burdon-Soul Of A Man
ReplyDeleteInfo- https://www.discogs.com/release/10393093-Eric-Burdon-Soul-Of-A-Man
Link- https://workupload.com/file/uhS75p5tZY8
Thank you again. This one sounds pretty good.
DeletePrince-3121
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/10869838-Prince-3121
Link- https://workupload.com/file/2xXCw6TyJZU
Elvis Presley-That's The Way It Is
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/release/7761516-Elvis-Presley-Thats-The-Way-It-Is
Link 1- https://workupload.com/file/qSvzfgvwWHS
Link 2- https://workupload.com/file/ZR8dDpZz2Q8
Arlo Guthrie-The Best Of
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/master/148008-Arlo-Guthrie-The-Best-Of-Arlo-Guthrie
Link- https://workupload.com/file/rNebwh6vTYQ
Any chance of unearthing Steve Winwood's Self-titled solo album?
ReplyDeleteGin Blossoms-Dusted
ReplyDeleteInfo-https://www.discogs.com/master/468678-Gin-Blossoms-Dusted
Link- https://workupload.com/file/a6WEd4jKz6V
Bonnie Hayes - Good Clean Fun INFO: https://www.discogs.com/release/16459206-Bonnie-Hayes-Good-Clean-Fun-Expanded-Remastered LINK: https://mega.nz/file/LFgmzYKS#1gPzhubrRimfcr_p2x39PFBvzmtcG_IjG1JnOqCXPDc
ReplyDeletegreat Album. thanks
DeleteInternational Pop Overthrow Vol. 26
ReplyDeleteThe plastic still hasn't cooled on the CD's yet, this is so new. What can I say--I'm a giver. Did a once through, and sounds good overall.
GIT down with your badself!: https://tinyurl.com/2v839xed
Always find interesting bands on these collections. Thanks a lot!
DeleteTo begin with, I haven't been around in a while...Sorry 'bout that...been a bit ill. beyond all that, I've Been Off The Internet so long that my email shut down on me and I can't access FBS/VW Main Pages in order to post. Just In case The Boss and/or Brother Jobe is around and listening, I could use an invite to both FBS/VW (yet again). You can send the invites to enoch241@gmail.com if you would be so kind and inclined. I hope some of you remember me kindly (at least). So,without further ado. Away We Go...
ReplyDeleteWelcome back here, Sir!
DeleteHey welcome back Enoch! ( I can relate!) so good to see you back n posting stuff!
DeleteBritfolk...Albion Dance Band - 1983 - Shuffle Off...
ReplyDeletehttps://www.imagenetz.de/JShsv
Thanks for this one Enoch - lovely!
DeleteJazz...
ReplyDeleteJohn Coltrane - 1970 - Transition
https://www.imagenetz.de/8EVFQ
Comedy...
ReplyDeleteGeorge Carlin - 1977 - On the Road
https://www.imagenetz.de/ieqKv
Funk...
ReplyDeleteParliament - 1976 - The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein
https://www.imagenetz.de/5ZCS5
Blues...
ReplyDeleteBig Bill Broonzy - 1990 - Good Time Tonight
https://www.imagenetz.de/AvzGH
. . . and many thanks for this Big Bill too, Enoch. Appreciated
DeleteR&B...
ReplyDeleteVarious Artists - 2005 - Rhythm 'n' Blues Nasty
https://www.imagenetz.de/ijcP9
enoch, Your invites have been sent
ReplyDeleteHope all is well
DeleteAahhh...Sweet Success. Thanks Brother Jobe and Thanks to waco for the welcome back.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back buddy! When you get a chance can you send me this show or put a new link in??
Deletehttps://floppybootstomp-ii.blogspot.com/2022/02/war-live-in-houston-tx-1986.html?showComment=1760734171909#c3034129919754245559
Thanks for Int Pop overthrow!! would anyone have anything by Jeb Loy Nichols?
ReplyDeletehttps://jonderblog.blogspot.com/2025/09/the-field-guide-to-jeb-loy-nichols.html
Deletehttps://vibes-vibras.blogspot.com/2025/09/fellow-travellers-few-good-dubs-1994-320.html
Thanks Jonder, it's actually your post that started me looking for more Jeb! Thanks for all you do
ReplyDeleteVery glad to know that you enjoyed it and got inspired to seek out more!
DeleteLooking for Television Marquee Moon expanded edition. Any help greatly appreciated!
ReplyDeletehttps://www.discogs.com/release/14087070-Television-Marquee-Moon-Expanded
I've got that, I'm pretty sure...in storage, though. I'll go check tomorrow afternoon and if I've got it, you'll get it. :)
DeleteYes indeedy, I have the 2003 Elektra-Rhino R2 73920 expanded edition of Marquee Moon. I have to scan the covers and booklet tomorrow. Do you need the expanded Adventure, too?
DeleteHey thanks for the offer but rdnzl sent me a flac version
DeleteThanks!
Great! I've got 300 dpi scans with mine, if you need 'em let me know. Do you need Adventure? Also... I have both versions of his 1st album in flac...the original mix and the accidentally released Tom Verlaine mix...both from 2003 CD sources.
DeleteHey drafti I'll take em. I don't think I ever heard the Tom Verlaine mix of his first.
ReplyDeleteGreat! I'll put 'em up tonight...for now, here's the Verlaine mix. The story on this is at https://www.discogs.com/release/11248539-Tom-Verlaine-Tom-Verlaine Collector's Choice reissued the album on CD, and for the mail order version used the wrong mix. https://mega.nz/file/qMBDEZrS#i8QubfWmzFn6kg9a5FVxcRa1xuAaU6uNsv6E_PhTbok
DeleteMore from WIKI: "The album was originally mixed by Verlaine, but this mix was rejected by Elektra Records. Bob Clearmountain subsequently remixed the album, and it was this version that was released by Elektra in 1979. In 2002, a CD reissue by Collectors' Choice Music inadvertently used the earlier, rejected mix for initial pressings fulfilled by mail order;[1] this was subsequently replaced with the approved Clearmountain mix by the time the CD was made available through traditional retail channels."
ReplyDeleteMore on the "mix mix-up" is at: https://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0301/msg00308.html
ReplyDeleteHere's Marquee Moon...2003 reissue with bonus cuts and full scans https://mega.nz/file/aBgxSJya#U2qEmbM1AWJS3a5Mz4FQf8BAHk0TKU9bc8oAJ73SxVE
ReplyDelete...and here's Adventure, 2003 reissue etc. https://mega.nz/file/XQxijA5C#VyRV_wnj2AOyUri1yRXqs0hdOzZT9Cgwy5wDsTyAGNM
ReplyDeletedraftervol, thanks for the Television albums!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the television. These give me the chance to revisit that band as their music did not work for me when the album came out
ReplyDelete